Wydawnictwo Packt dziś serwuje książkę dla sympatyków Linuxa: Linux Shell Scripting Cookbook, Second Edition. Z czym to się je, to raczej nie trzeba tłumaczyć nikomu, więc skupię się wyłącznie na tym co zawiera ta książka. Poniżej „przedrukowuję” opis książki oraz screeny ze spisu treści. Oferta ważna jeszcze 12 godzin. Regularna cena książki to ponad 25 USD.
The shell remains one of the most powerful tools on a computer system — yet a large number of users are unaware of how much one can accomplish with it. Using a combination of simple commands, we will see how to solve complex problems in day to day computer usage.
Linux Shell Scripting Cookbook, Second Edition will take you through useful real-world recipes designed to make your daily life easy when working with the shell. The book shows the reader how to effectively use the shell to accomplish complex tasks with ease.
The book discusses basics of using the shell, general commands and proceeds to show the reader how to use them to perform complex tasks with ease.
Starting with the basics of the shell, we will learn simple commands with their usages allowing us to perform operations on files of different kind. The book then proceeds to explain text processing, web interaction and concludes with backups, monitoring and other sysadmin tasks.
Linux Shell Scripting Cookbook, Second Edition serves as an excellent guide to solving day to day problems using the shell and few powerful commands together to create solutions.
Czego spodziewać się po tej książce:
- Explore a variety of regular usage tasks and how it can be made faster using shell command
- Write shell scripts that can dig data from web and process it with few lines of code
- Use different kinds of tools together to create solutions
- Interact with simple web API from scripts
- Perform and automate tasks such as automating backups and restore with archiving tools
- Create and maintain file/folder archives, compression formats and encrypting techniques with shell
- Set up Ethernet and Wireless LAN with the shell script
- Monitor different activities on the network using logging techniques