Tym razem w Humble pojawiła się gratka dla sympatyków, fanów i początkujących w tematach linuxowych. Trzy pakiety, poczynając od dolara. Książki są dość dziwnie porozmieszczane pomiędzy pakietami, ale tym razem było to chyba celowe i przemyślane 🙂 Oferta ważna jeszcze przez 10 dni…
Pierwszy zestaw to tylko trzy książki za minimum dolara:
- Pro Git
- A fully-updated guide to Git and its usage.. Git has come a long way since it was first developed by Linus Torvalds for Linux kernel development. It has taken the open source world by storm since its inception in 2005, and this book teaches you how to use it like a pro. Written by Git pros Scott Chacon and Ben Straub, Pro Git (Second Edition) builds on the hugely successful first edition, and is now fully updated for Git version 2.0, as well as including an indispensable chapter on GitHub. It’s the best book for all your Git needs.
- Automate creative development and production environments you’ve been doing by hand. This book is your concise guide to Ansible, the simple way to automate apps and IT infrastructure. In less than 250 pages, this book takes you from knowing nothing about configuration management to understanding how to use Ansible in a professional setting. You will learn how to create an Ansible playbook to automatically set up an environment, ready to install an open source project. You’ll extract common tasks into roles that you can reuse across all your projects, and build your infrastructure on top of existing open source roles and modules that are available for you to use. You will learn to build your own modules to perform actions specific to your business. By the end you will create an entire cluster of virtualized machines, all of which have your applications and all their dependencies installed automatically. You’ll be writing roles and modules and creating entire environments without human intervention in no time at all – add this to your library today.
- Certified OpenStack Administration Study Guide
- Be prepared for the Certified OpenStack Administrator exam. This book covers 100% of the exam requirements for both The OpenStack Foundation and the Mirantis OpenStack Certification Exam. Each theme is taught using practical exercises and instructions for the command line and for the graphical client (Horizon). Each chapter is followed by review questions, complete with answers. Even after you have taken and passed your OpenStack exam, this book will remain a useful reference.
W drugim zestawie, za minimum 8 dolarów, dochodzi aż pięć książek:
- Pro Vim
- Best practices for the terminal interface tool.Vim is an advanced power tool that is commonly recognized as being difficult to learn, even for experienced developers. This book shows you how to become an expert by focusing on not only the fundamentals of how Vim works, but also by distilling the author’s own experiences learning Vim into an easy-to-understand and follow guide. It’s time to bring your programming, editing, and workflow skills up to the professional level : this book covers how buffers and sessions work, automation through Macros and shell scripting, real-world workflows, plugins and different themes. You will also learn practical, real-world tips on how to best utilize Vim to manage files across multiple servers and terminal sessions. Avoid common pitfalls and work with best practice ways to efficiently edit and control your files and sessions from the terminal interface.
- Practical LPIC-1 Linux Certification Study Buide
- Linux administration skills open doors to some of the hottest job markets.This book is your complete guide to studying for the Linux Professional Institute’s Server Professional (LPIC-1) certification. Every concept, principle, process, and resource that might make an appearance on the exam is fully represented. You will understand every concept by rolling up your sleeves, opening up a terminal, and trying it all yourself. You will find suggestions for practical tasks along with „test-yourself” quizzes at the end of each chapter. Whether or not you end up taking the exam, if you manage to learn this material, you’ll have the background to confidently administrate Linux systems.
- Beginning Ubuntu for Windows and Mac users
- A comprehensive guide to using Ubuntu. Ubuntu is the world’s third most popular operating system and powers desktop and laptop computers, servers, private and public clouds, phones and tablets, and embedded devices. There’s never been a better time to install Ubuntu and move to an open source way of life. If you already know how to use a computer running Windows or OS X, but you’ve been afraid to try Ubuntu because you don’t know where to start, this book will show you how to get the most out of Ubuntu for work, home, and play. You’ll be introduced to a wide selection of software from Ubuntu’s catalog of thousands of applications—all ready to install with a single click.
- Introducing Linux Distros
- Open source without tears. The first barrier that a new Linux user has to face is the overwhelming number of „flavors” that this operating system has. These „flavors” are commonly known as distros (from distribution), and to date there are more than three hundred active distros to choose from. So, how to choose one? You can choose the most popular at the moment, or take heed of what your friend says, but are you sure that this is the one that you need? Making the wrong decision on this matter is behind a good number of disappointments with this operating system. With this book, you’ll learn the pros and the cons of the most frequently used distros.. You will explore each distro step by step, so that you don’t have to endure hours of web surfing, countless downloads, becoming confused by new concepts and, in the worst cases, reading complex and marathon installation guides. You will benefit from the author’s long-term experience working with each distro hands on, enabling you to choose the best distro for your long-term needs.
- Nginx. From Beginner to Pro
- Practical step-by-step instructions for the administrator. Nginx powers more than 40% of the top 1000 websites and is among the handful of web servers that can handle more than 10K simultaneous connections. It has some features which are simply unparalleled. Nginx: From Beginner to Pro teaches the Nginx server in a practical way. Frequently, web administrators struggle to fix the skill set gaps that happen due to a platform change. Migration from IIS & Apache becomes tedious at best. The book is targeted toward real-world administrators who would want to get up to speed as soon as possible and make good, informed design decisions. First you will set up Nginx and understand the architectural nuances. Then you will learn how to scale out, secure, monitor and troubleshoot the web server. Once you are fully comfortable with Nginx, you will start learning about migrating applications (or its part) from IIS or Apache web servers. Finally, you will learn to troubleshoot and maintain your Nginx professionally.
Za 15 USD otrzymamy wszystkie książki z linuxowego pakietu – w sumie 12 sztuk. W trzeciej paczce dochodzą pozycje:
- Pro Linux High Availability Clustering
- Apply Linux HA to your work situation with confidenc!.Pro Linux High Availability Clustering teaches you how to implement this fundamental Linux add-on into your business, to ensure the availability of mission critical resources. The technique is applied more and more in corporate datacenters around the world. While lots of documentation about the subject is available on the internet, it isn’t always easy to build a real solution. This explains essential high-availability clustering components on all Linux platforms, giving you the insight to build solutions for any specific case needed.
- Practical Linux Topics
- Improve your hands-on knowledge of Linux using challenging, real-world scenarios. Each chapter explores a topic that has been chosen specifically to demonstrate how to enhance your base Linux system, and resolve important issues. This book enables sysadmins, DevOps engineers, developers, and other technical professionals to make full use of Linux’s rocksteady foundation. You’ll explore specific topics in networking, email, filesystems, encryption, system monitoring, security, servers, and more– including systemd and GPG. Understand salient security concerns and how to mitigate them. Applicable to almost all Linux flavors–Debian, Red Hat, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, CentOS—this book canalso be used to reference other Unix-type systems with little modification.
- Pro Docker
Includes using Docker with Apache Hadoop Ecosystem and NoSQL Databases In this fast-paced book on the Dockedr open standards platform for developing, packaging and running portable distributed applications, Deepak Vorha discusses how to build, ship and run applications on any platform such as a PC, the cloud, data center or a virtual machine. He describes how to install and create Docker images. and the advantages of Docker containers. The remainder of the discusses using Docker with important software solutions, from using Docker with a traditional RDBMS using Oracle and MySQL, to NoSQL, MongoDB Cassandra, and Couchbase. The author also addresses the use of Docker in the Hadoop ecosystem with complete chapters on utilizing not only Hadoop, but Hive, HBase, Sqoop, Kafka, Solr and Spark.
- Indroducing Ethereum and Solidity